Renewable Energy Solution
Renewable energy is energy produced from sources that do not deplete or can be replenished within a human’s lifetime.
Grid tied / connected, with reverse power blocking: the property is connected to the national grid, but any surplus electricity generated by the system is prevented from being directed back into the grid for other users.
Grid tied / connected: Electricity generated can be used at the property and any surplus can be directed back into the grid. In some cases, electricity can be sold.
Off-grid / standalone: The PV system generates electricity for use on-site and operates completely independent of the national grid. In this case, it necessary to have additional –expensive – components such as a charge controller and battery storage.
With the current instability of the national grid and the frequent load shedding which is set to become a daily reality in South Africa. Our standard Battery Backup Power Systems which will ensure that you are protected from the consequences of ongoing power outages and provide you with backup power when you need it.
A demerit of power outages on your small business or home office
- Lost productivity.
- Loss of income.
- Have to close your business’s doors due to the inability to operate and security risks.
- Damage to sensitive electronic equipment due to power surges when the power failure ends.
- No electricity puts your safety and security at risk.
- Electric gates and garage doors do not work.
- Alarm and electric fences switch off.
- No internet.
- Very quiet operation
- No air pollution
- zero no maintenance
- Use solar power or Eskom power to charge batteries
- Automatically supplies power change over during power failure.
- Pure sine wave power output for expensive sensitive equipment such as medical devices and electronics.
The number of appliances that can be powered depends on the following factors stated below:
- The power rating of the inverter will determine how much peak power can be supplied at once. In other words, how many appliances and type of appliances can be on at the same time.
- The peak power rating of each system will determine how many appliances can be operated at once.
- Adding up the power usage of all the appliances that are on at the same time, will give you the peak power usage of all the appliances. This must be less than the backup power rating of the system you buy.
- If more loads are put on the inverter than its rating, it will shut down to protect itself
The small system (with the 3000 Watt inverter) will be more than sufficient power to supply all of your essential appliances like:
- Internet routers
- Cell phone chargers
- Computers and printers
- Electric fence
- Fridges and freezers
Our standard systems are available in various inverter sizes, 3000 Watt and 5000 Watt, 10000 Watt, 15000 Watt and 20000 Watt.
- All our Backup Power Systems are compatible with solar power, so you can start with just the Backup Power System, and then, later on, add solar panels.
- All systems are scalable, so you can start with the smaller system, and add another system, later on, to double up on the available peak power output.
- Storage space is scalable, so you can start with just one battery, and add more batteries, later on, to increase the available energy storage space, and thus available backup time.
- Systems can be integrated into your DB board. This is not included in the price. You can use your own electrician, or we can recommend a good electrician that will know what to do
In this range we have the following four standard sizes:
Cost Estimate (Incl VAT)
R 65 000.00
R 85 000.00
R 165 000.00*
R 205 000.00*
R 264 000.00*
- All prices above are estimated and an official quotation & price will be determined after a site visit.
- Prices quoted exclude delivery, and integration into your distribution board. You can use your electrician, or ask us to recommend one.
- All Distribution board (DB) electrical work is deemed a variable cost which will explicitly be for the customer’s account.
- System prices do not include electrical or municipal certification fees.
Why Green energy from Solar power?
- Electricity costs are rising.
- Solar energy is clean and renewable.
- Solar energy makes financial sense, great return on investment.
- To be more energy independent.
The basic component of Solar Systems
Solar power energy is free, clean energy from the sun. The perfect power solution for your factory, office or small business and homes.
During the day the array of photovoltaic modules generates direct current (DC). The DC electricity is transmitted to the Grid-Tied inverters to convert into usable alternative current (AC) electricity for the building’s needs.
The Grid-Tied inverters will synchronize with AC power from the supply grid. In the event when the building uses more electricity than the PV array can generate, the supply grid will be a secondary source of supply.
Alternatively, excess electricity generated by the PV array will be channelled to the supply grid, subject to municipal approval. During the night the Grid-Tied inverters will stop operation and the building will obtain electricity from the supply grid.
The best way is to arrange a site visit with one of our solar consultants. But for interest sake, your system size will be determined by the following three factors.
North facing roofs are preferable, as a North facing solar array will produce more energy than other orientations. East and West facing roofs can also work but will produce about 20% less power than a North facing roof.
Solar systems are very modular. You can start with a small investment in a 1 kiloWatt peak solar system, adding more later on. Solar systems are very easy to expand to larger systems.
This is dependent on various factors such as your electricity tariff, roof orientation and location in South Africa. But, for illustrative purposes use the following example, to illustrate what is the typical payback of a solar system
- Location: Johannesburg
- Roof Orientation: North, 8 degrees slope.
- Solar system size: 10 kWp
- Energy production year one: 18 000 kWh
- Cost per kWh: R 1.50
- Energy value generated in year one: R 27 000.00
- Solar system cost: R 150 000.00
- Solar system cost divided by yearly savings: 5.5 years
- Note: This is a simplified calculation, one also has to take into account, rising energy cost, maintenance cost and energy output degradation and other factors.
Your daily energy consumption will determine the amount of energy to be produced by your solar system. Daytime energy consumption will determine the solar system size and is typically 30% of your total energy consumption.
Selecting the right systems for your needs:
|Name||Inverter Size||Battery Size||Cost Estimate (Incl VAT)|
|Extra Small||3 kVA||7 kWh||R 65 000.00|
|Small||5 kVA||7 kWh||R 85 000.00|
|Medium||8 kVA||10.5 kWh||R 150 000.00*|
|Large||10 kVA||10 kWh||R 180 500.00*|
|Extra Large||15 kVA||17.5 kWh||R 245 000.00|
The amount of solar is dependent on the following factors.
- The amount of available roof space.
- Your energy consumption.
- Inverter and battery size
Our qualified solar consultants will be able to advise you on the correct amount for your situation. The table tabulates an indication of costs estimate.
|Size||No of 330 W Panels||Yearly energy||Average monthly energy||Average daily energy||Cost estimate|
|1 kWp||3||1 700 kWh||142 kWh||5 kWh||R 22 200.00|
|2 kWp||6||3 400 kWh||283 kWh||9 kWh||R 34 500.00|
|3 kWp||9||5 100 kWh||425 kWh||14 kWh||R 45 000.00|
|4 kWp||12||6 800 kWh||567 kWh||19 kWh||R 64 200.00|
|5 kWp||15||8 500 kWh||708 kWh||23 kWh||R 84 800.00|
|6 kWp||18||10 200 kWh||992 kWh||28 kWh||R101800.00|
|7 kWp||21||11 900 kWh||850 kWh||33 kWh||R109 000.00|
|8 kWp||24||13 600 kWh||1 133 kWh||37 kWh||R136 700.00|
The total system cost can be calculated by adding the cost of the backup system plus the cost of the amount of solar you would like to add.
To calculate your potential solar system size and return on investment
To calculate your potential solar system size an return on investment we need to know what rate you are paying per unit of electricity, how much electricity you are using each month and what size system can fit on your roof.
One of our experienced solar consultants will be happy to calculate your system payback for you. We take all factors into consideration when calculating system return on investments.
Benefits of Renewable Energy
Environmental and economic benefits of using renewable energy include:
• Generating energy that produces no greenhouse gas emissions from fossil fuels and reduces some types of air pollution
• Diversifying energy supply and reducing dependence on imported fuels
• Creating economic development and jobs in manufacturing, installation, and more
• Our renewable energy solution entails wind and solar energy as either grid-tie or off-grid systems for private and corporate use whereby reducing your operational cost.
Phone: +27 12 661 1920
Mobile: +27 72 341 4104
Thatchfield Hills Estate
VAT No: 4790292157
Our policy is to fully understand and technically interpret our customers’ requirements as well as maintain a relationship through meeting their engineering needs. In addition to the supplying of engineering spares, ConAir Technologies (PTY) Ltd, also offers comprehensive Renewable Energy Solutions, Water Heating Solutions and Cooling Solutions, thereby offering complete solutions to the customers.